Mechanical Insulation Calculators Added to DOE Software Tools
Simple calculators related to mechanical insulation in the Mechanical Insulation Design Guide are now accessible through the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) Industrial Technologies Program's (ITP's) Software Tools website.
The seven calculators are:
The calculators are designed for use by:
- Corporate executive management
- Design professionals (general, mechanical, and process engineers and contractors)
- Energy and environmental consultants and/or service companies
- Facility owners and managers(across all industry segments)
- Federal, state, and local energy and environmental offices
- Heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning designers and contractors
- Maintenance managers and coordinators
- Engineering educators
- Mechanical insulation industry participants (manufacturers, distributors, contractors, etc.)
- Refrigeration designers and contractors
- Utilities/energy supply companies (all types)
These calculators are useful for the beginner or experienced professionals in the construction, design, specification, maintenance, management, and budgeting fields. They were developed for MIDG by the Mechanical Insulation Education and Awareness Program, part of efforts by the DOE-ITP's Save Energy Now initiative to improve the energy efficiency of the U.S. industrial and commercial sectors. Project Performance Corporation and the National Insulation Association, in conjunction with its alliance with the I Save Team, are working together to design, implement, and execute the Mechanical Insulation Education and Awareness Program.